You can share a scheduled or active dCloud session with anyone who has a registered Cisco.com account. Sharing your session gives added users the same access that you have, after the session is active, to view session information and documentation, add routers, and connect to, start, and stop workstations and servers in the session. Added users cannot save, stop, cancel, or extend the shared session.
Users with no registered Cisco.com account can register for an account, activate the account, and immediately use the account user ID and password to log in to Cisco dCloud.
To share a session with other dCloud users:
- Open My Hub > Sessions.
- Find the Active (a View button displays when a session is active) or Scheduled session that you want to share.
- Click Share.
- In the Share pane:
- To add dCloud users: Enter their User ID one at a time.
- To add Cisco.com users who never logged in to dCloud: Check Search all cisco.com users, enter your Cisco.com password, and then enter Cisco.com User IDs.
- If added users are external to Cisco or Partner organizations, you are prompted to enter their Company name, Potential deal value, and Deal ID. Entry of the external company name and potential deal value are required.
- Click Update. The session information refreshes and the Share pane closes.
- To see the list of added users:
- Find the session you shared.
- Click Shared to open the list.
- Click Shared again to close the list.
- Added users receive email notification that you shared a session with them. The email includes a link to the dCloud data center where the session is shared, as well as the session details.
- When added users log in to the data center, they can see the shared session in their My Hub > Sessions list.
- When the shared session is ready to use, users can click View to access and work with the shared session. The users can also see who shared the session with them.