Saving an active session saves the current session state as a new content version and then stops the session. All changes and customizations made during the session are saved. You can use the saved version to start a new session that includes all saved modifications. Always delete saved sessions when you no longer need them to release shared resources to the dCloud data center.
As you customize dCloud content, you can save up to 5 versions of active sessions as backups to which you can revert if later modifications cause problems. If you encounter a problem you cannot solve while working with a session, save the session so that you can share it with others who can troubleshoot it.
Follow these steps to save a session with changes and modifications.
- Open My Hub > Sessions.
- Find the active session you want to save.
- Click Save.
- In the Save & End pane, enter the criteria for this saved session:
- Session Name. Accept the default session name or enter a unique name for the saved version.
- Description. Enter a brief description of what is unique about this version. This field is required.
- Check the Retain documentation check box to link the documentation for the active session to your saved version. Check this option so that future updates to documents in the original content are also made in your saved version.
- Click Save.
- The session information refreshes and returns you to My Hub > Sessions. The session status changes to Save Pending. After the save completes, the session stops and disappears from the My sessions list.
- Open My Hub > Custom content to find the saved version.