When running a Collaboration demonstration, it is useful to simulate a real life customer environment. As such, it is desirable to have Cisco Collaboration room systems, such as DX or SX devices registered with Cisco Unified Communication Manager (UCM) and then added to TelePresence Meeting Suite (TMS) and TelePresence Meeting Suite Extension for Microsoft (TMSXE). This allows scenarios where a group of users can attend a conference together in the same room with users in remote locations.
Register Room Endpoints
- Connect the desired room endpoint to your Cisco dCloud router.
- The device should auto register with Cisco UCM in the demonstration.
- From the endpoint, dial 1111, the extension for the Self Provisioning IVR.
- Use the following table to choose an appropriate virtual room for your datacenter and use the Self Provisioning Extension listed:
|Data Center||Room Location||Device Name / User Name||Phone Number||Self-Provisioning ID|
|AMERICAS||New York – George Washington Bridge||USANYC||+19725556051||6051|
|AMERICAS||RTP – Little House on Prairie||USARTP||+19725556052||6052|
|AMERICAS||SJC – Johnnie Walker||USASJC||+19725556053||6053|
|AMERICAS||Toronto – NIPISSING||CANTOR||+19725556054||6054|
|AMERICAS||Vancouver – Hornby||CANVAN||+19725556055||6055|
|EMEAR||London – Picadilly||UKLON||+19725556056||6056|
|EMEAR||Berlin – Brandenburger||GERBER||+19725556057||6057|
|EMEAR||Dublin – Galway||IREDUB||+19725556058||6058|
|EMEAR||Stockholm – Berzelius||SWESKM||+19725556059||6059|
|EMEAR||Madrid – Mulhacen||SPAMAD||+19725556060||6060|
|APJC||Singapore – Outram Park||SINORP||+19725556061||6061|
|APJC||Beijing – Great Wall||CHIBJG||+19725556062||6062|
|APJC||Shanghai – Gui Zhi Xiang||CHISHG||+19725556063||6063|
|APJC||Tokyo Rhode Island||JAPTOK||+19725556064||6064|
Add the Endpoint to TMS
- RDP to Workstation 3 at 184.108.40.206 as Username: DCLOUD\mcheng with Password: dCloud12345!.
- Open Firefox and from the homepage, drop down the Collaboration Admin Links menu and choose Cisco TelePresence Management Suite.
- Log in as administrator with Password: C1sco12345.
- Drop down the Systems menu and choose Navigator.
- Click on the Endpoints folder and then click Add Systems under Cisco dCloud.
- On the next page, click the Add from Unified CM or TMS tab. By default Unified CM will be selected.
- Click Search.
- You will see all the Cisco endpoints that are registered to Cisco UCM. Click the boxes next to all the devices you want to schedule from TMS and click Next at the bottom left.
- The systems are added to TMS. If you see a warning about auto answer being off, you need to check the box next to the devices and click Add Systems Despite Warnings. Click Finish Adding Systems.
- If the system warns you of an incorrect Username and Password, go to Unified Communications Manager at 198.18.133.3. Find your device and click on the device entry. On the configuration page, click the IP address of the device to log in to the web portal. Default login is admin with password of <blank>.
- In the upper right corner, click the admin username and choose Change Passphrase.
- Enter a username and password and commit the changes. Return to the Cisco UCM page and on the Device Configuration page, enter the new username and password approximately halfway down the page. Also, make sure Web Access is enabled (HTTP/HTTPS) on your endpoint under the Product Specific Configuration Layout section. Click Save and then Apply Configuration in Cisco UCM and then restart this section to try to add the room system again.
- Once you finish adding systems, it will display those endpoints in the Navigator pane. You can now close this browser window.
Add the Endpoint to the TMSXE Extension
- For the Microsoft Interoperability demonstration, RDP into TMSXE at 198.18.135.36. If you are using OBTP with the Office 365 demo guide, then instead log in to TMSXE-O365 at 198.18.135.87.
- For the Business Video Experience demonstration, RDP into TMSXE at 198.18.133.158.
- Log in as Username: DCLOUD\administrator with Password: C1sco12345.
- Open the Cisco TMSXE Configuration application from the task bar . This opens a configuration wizard.
- Choose option Stop Cisco TMSXE and enable full configuration and click Next.
- A new window opens. Click the Systems tab. It should list all the endpoints registered to Cisco UCM and added to TMS.
- Select the endpoints you registered above and move them to the right by clicking the right arrow icon .
- You will see a TMS ID, System ID, and Email ID for each system. Click the Email field and then change the email address to the respective value <devicename>@dcloud.cisco.com from the same Table you used above and click Save. For example, the email for the USA RTP device would be firstname.lastname@example.org. A few warnings pop up, just click Accept/OK to all of them and continue.
- Exit the configuration window. Click Yes to start the Cisco TMSXE service. Again a warning pops up, click OK to continue.
- This ends the configuration, you can now close the RDP window and return to the demonstration guide.