Follow the steps below to connect your laptop as a monitoring workstation through the AP. Verify your AP is operational and setup correctly before attempting this.
- Connect your laptop to the SSID dCloud-Internal
- Login as user itadmin/C1sco12345
Windows 8 will notify you that the certificate for the connection is not trusted; however, you should connect anyway. Prior to Windows 8, you may need to manually define the Wireless network in your device and specify it to NOT validate the certificate. Further details are available at the end of this document.
- Navigate to http://topo.dcloud.cisco.com to connect the backend components.
You may also use the RDP program on your computer to connect to the Remote Monitoring Workstation in your pod. Start the RDP client, navigate to 198.18.133.36, and login using the following credentials: administrator/C1sco12345. Accept any certificate warnings.
Connecting Windows Clients
Windows 8 will notify you that the certificate for the connection is not trusted; however, you should connect anyway. Prior to Windows 8, you may need to manually define the Wireless network as detailed below.
- From you wireless networks, hover over dCloud-Internal, right-click and select Properties.
You will see a screen like this below:
- Make sure PEAP is selected and click settings.
- Uncheck validate server certificate at the top of the dialog box.
- Further down on the page click Configure (make sure EAP MSCHAP is in the dropdown).
- Ensure the box is unchecked to automatically use your window login. Select OK and then OK again.
- Now on the screen select advanced settings on the bottom of the screen.
- At the top of this screen ensure specify authentication IS checked.
- Select user authentication from the dropdown and make sure you do NOT select save credentials.
- Do NOT enable single sign on. Select OK.
- Make sure Remember Credentials is NOT checked (same screen as the above picture). Select ok.
- Now try to login to the dCloud-Internal network. You should be asked for a username and password. If login continues to fail, please restart your machine and re-try.
You are now connected to the AP as an itadmin.