An AP can be connected to an active dCloud session behind a router or directly through an active Internet connection.
- When directly connected, the AP must be configured with the WLC Public IP address for EACH session.
- Additionally, the direct connection requires CAPWAP ports open on the network.
- When connected behind a router, the connection is automatic and does not require CAPWAP ports.
Connection Behind Endpoint Router
- Connect the AP to an available port on the router connected to the active session.
- The AP will be automatically configured with the Private IP address of the WLC.
Direct Connection Configuration
- Connect to AP through a console cable using a terminal emulation application.
- Ensure that your country has been enabled.
- After the AP has completed booting, press the Enter key.
- Login as cisco/Cisco.
- Enter privileged EXEC mode.
- Configure WLC Public IP Address from the Session Details of your active demo.