The steps below detail how to add a custom user in the Cisco Collaboration 10.5 v1 demonstration. Many salespeople would like to demonstrate the Collaboration solutions with the phones and other devices assigned to the person to whom they are actually presenting. This gives a more personal touch to the presentation and keeps the customers better engaged. This Show Me How details how you can do this.
Configuring a Custom User in Cisco Prime Collaboration
- Launch Firefox from the desktop and click Collaboration Admin Links > Cisco Prime Collaboration Provisioning. Login with username: globaladmin, password: dCloud12345!.
- From the home page, like the Deploy drop down and choose User Provisioning.
- Click Add to add a new local user that is not currently integrated with Active Directory in this demonstration.
- Enter user details as required. For domain, drop down the option and choose dCloud. See the figure below for more information.
Figure 1. Add User
- Click Save and Begin Provisioning.
- Once the user is added to Cisco Prime Collaboration, you will be directed to the User Services page.
- Click New Service on the left hand side to start provisioning a service. On the following screen, the dCloud-Engg Service Area will be auto selected. Click Continue.
- Choose Line from the available services and click Continue.
- On the following screen, click the Line Type drop down and choose either Auto-Assigned Line or Chosen Line. Use the information below to make your choice:
- Auto-Assinged Line would assign a DN from pre-defined numbers (+14085556016 to +14085556050)
- With Chosen Line, you can choose which DN you would like to assign. If you pick Chosen Line, you can assign any temporary DN (like 1116) and once the phone auto registers, you can use the self-provisioning functionality to assign a new DN like +14085556016. The Self Provisioning ID is found on the End user page in the Cisco Unified Communications Manager as described in the following section.
- Enter Line Description, Alerting Name, ASCII Alerting Name.
- Check the box next to Primary Extension. This is a Mandatory field.
- Click the Service Template drop down and choose Built in Template and click Continue.
- On the following screen, click Confirm to begin provisioning the new line.
Cisco Unified Communications Manager
- Once the user is provisioned, open a new tab in Firefox and click the home button. Click Collaboration Admin Links > Cisco Unified Communications Manager. Login as username: administrator with password: C1sco12345. Click the User Management drop down and choose End User. Click Find and locate the user you have just created.
- Click on the user ID and on the end user page note down the Self-Service User ID. You will be asked for this if you want to provision an auto registered phone to a specified user or if you have picked the Chosen Line option.
- Identify the phone you would like to provision and connect the phone to the router using a network cable. Be sure to plug into the connection labeled Network on the IP phone.
- On the IP phone, dial 1111.
- Press XXXX# on the IP phone, where XXXX is the four-digit temporary extension number for the custom user.
- The IVR confirms the self-provisioning was successful and that the phone will reset and provision.
- Check that the User ID and extension on the phone is the same as the custom user you created.
- It may take 3-4 minutes for your device to restart and re-register.
NOTE: If the phones do not provision, it could be because they are already provisioned from another demonstration. Follow the steps below to delete the device from Communications Manager and try Steps 1 – 6 from this section again.
- To delete a provisioned phone, on Workstation 1, open Internet Explorer and click Collaboration Admin Links > Cisco Unified Communications Manager.
- Login as administrator with password C1sco12345.
- Click Device > Phone and click Find. Locate the device you are trying to provision. If it is present, click the box next to it and click Delete Selected.
- Repeat the self-provisioning steps again.
Log into the Self-Care Portal
- On Workstation 1, double click the Internet Explorer shortcut on the desktop.
- Click Collaboration User Links > CUCM User Pages. Click Yes to continue.
- Login with the user ID and password for the custom user you created. Click Sign In to login.
- Click Phones > My Phones.
- Click on any of the Company Phones and choose Edit.
- Edit the description of the phone.
- Click any phone and choose Settings. View the options you can change for the provisioned phones.
Configure Single Number Reach
- Go back to Phones > My Phones. Click the + symbol under Additional Phones.
- For US phones, enter a mobile phone number beginning with 91, then the area code, and then enter a description for the phone.
- For international dialing, see the Outbound Dialing Patterns and Blocked International Dialing for the number format for your specific region.
- Check the Single Number Reach box to enable the feature and click Save.
- To test this, call the extension for the custom user you created from Anita Perez’s device. Do not answer the call, but wait and it should ring the cellular phone you assigned as the Single Number Reach contact.
Additional Phone Settings
- Click Phones > Phone Settings. Go through the available options one by one to see what is under each choice.
- Click Phones > Call Forwarding. Click through the available options.
- Click Voicemail > Dial Voicemail Preferences IVR.
- Choose your provisioned phone from the Calling Device dropdown menu.
- Click Dial. This causes your phone to dial into Unity Connection voicemail.
- Either hang up using Cisco WebDialer or your IP phone.