The steps below detail how to install Cisco Jabber and Cisco Jabber Guest on a local laptop for the demonstration user in the Cisco Collaboration demonstration. For true rich and high quality experience with HD video calls, video greetings, we recommend using a local workstation. The workstations provided in the demonstration are capable, but as they are RDP workstations, you may see calls being connected and the video greeting being played but sometimes the video may not function. This is because of bandwidth limitations to the RDP workstations in the dCloud demonstration.
If you have a local workstation with a web camera, please connect it to your end point router. If you do not have a router, you can use Cisco Any Connect to connect to demonstration using VPN.
Cisco Jabber for Windows
- Download and install the latest version of Cisco Jabber for windows from CCO from following link:
- Unzip the file and install the application by double-clicking CiscoJabberSetup.msi.
- Once the application is installed, launch the Cisco Jabber. Click on the Advanced Settings option to verify the Account type is set to Automatic.
Figure 1. Advanced Settings
- Enter the user ID of the user that you want to login with as email@example.com. Replace the user name with actual user ID.
- On the next screen you will be prompted for a password, enter dCloud12345! and then click Sign In.
- Once signed in, make sure all pictures for the Jabber contacts are loaded as shown below.
Figure 2. Cisco Jabber
- Click the Settings drop down in the top right corner and choose File > Options and verify the following options are set correctly:
- Click on the Video option and make sure you see the video (if the laptop/workstation has an integrated camera)
- Click on Accounts and configure user voicemail account with below credentials:
- Username: Enter the user ID of the user
- Password: dCloud12345!
- Click OK. You should be connected to voicemail.
- Click on Meetings and set up a WebEx meeting account with following details:
- Click on Setup account
- Make sure WebEx site is us-gdp.webex.com
- Click OK
- You should be connected to WebEx
- Close the options page
- Click Voicemail and Meetings from left side of jabber window to make sure you are connected to those services and all your voicemails and meetings are updated
- You have now setup the Jabber for Windows locally. You can make video calls, view video greetings and control audio settings locally unlike the RDP workstations in the demo. You can follow the Cisco Jabber Product Features Lab Guide that is part of the Collaboration 10.5 demonstration to see how Cisco Jabber for Windows works.
Cisco Jabber Guest
Using the Jabber Guest, you can call users from a web browser, without the need of a soft phone or hard phone. Cisco Jabber Guest offers real-time communications that are high quality, standards-based, and comprehensive. Guests simply click a URL, website link, or mobile application to start the interaction.
- From the local workstation open a Google Chrome web browser and enter the following URL:
Replace username with the respective user ID you want to call or extension number of that user (6XXX).
Figure 3. Certificate
- A pop up window will be displayed with a security warning, click on Certificate information > Details > Copy to File.
- The Certificate Export Wizard opens. Follow the prompts and save the certificate in some place on the local workstation (like the desktop) in .cer format. An example name is jabberguest.cer.
- Once the file is saved, double-click the certificate and choose to Install Certificate. The Certificate Import Wizard opens up. Follow the instructions to install the certificate. Install the certificate in Trusted Root Certification Authorities as shown below.
Figure 4. Certificate Information
- Click Place all certificates in the following store > Browse and choose Trusted Root Certification Authorities and click OK.
Figure 5. Certificate Import Wizard
- Follow the prompts and click Finish. The certificate will be imported and installed.
- Close the browser and open the same URL listed in step 1. This time the URL should open like below without any security warnings. A plugin will be displayed on the browser to install, click Install to install the plugin.
Figure 6. Cisco Jabber Guest Plug-In
- The Jabber Guest Plugin will be downloaded. Double-click the downloaded file and choose Run. Follow the prompts to install the plugin.
- Once the plugin is installed, the Jabber Guest window appears with a green Call button.
- Click Call. Once the call is placed and answered on other phone, the call will appear as shown below.
Figure 7. Cisco Jabber Caller