When presenting Cisco dCloud demonstrations, there may be times when you would like to add another phone to the Cisco Jabber calling options. Use the steps below to log into Cisco Unified Communications Manager and add the new phone model to the Use my phone for calls menu inside Cisco Jabber. To better illustrate the configuration requirements, the steps below provide instructions to add an IP Phone 9951 for the user Tanya Adams on Workstation1. However, you can complete this activity for other preconfigured users and workstations as shown in the documentation for your demonstration.
Accessing Cisco Unified Communications Manager
- Log into Workstation1 using your local RDP program [Show Me How] or Cisco dCloud Remote Desktop Client [Show Me How] using the demonstration credentials provided in the Topology menu.
- Launch a web browser from Workstation1 and go to Cisco Unified Communications Manager at 198.18.133.3.
- Log in using the following credentials: Login: administrator, Password: C1sco12345.
- Go to User Management > End User and then do a search for the user to whom you are adding the additional phone.
- Click the username to bring up the End User Configuration information.
- Locate the Device Information section and click the Device Association button, as shown in the figure below.
- Perform a search for the new device where Name + begins with + SEPXXXXXXXXXXXX, where X refers to the desired phone MAC address. See the figure below for more information.
You will need to enter the MAC address for your specific phone, not the one shown in the figure below.
- Choose the phone to add from the list of devices and then click Save Selected Changes.
Activating the new phone in Cisco Jabber
- From the Workstation 1 desktop, launch Cisco Jabber and sign in as the user that is adding the new phone.
- In the bottom right of the Jabber window, click the Monitor icon > Use my phone for calls and choose the recently added IP phone.