You can share a scheduled or active dCloud session with anyone who has a registered Cisco.com account. Sharing your session gives added users the same access that you have, after the session is active, to view session information and documentation, add routers, and connect to, start, and stop workstations and servers in the session. Added users cannot save, stop, cancel, or extend the shared session.
Users with no registered Cisco.com account can register for an account, activate the account, and immediately use the account user ID and password to log in to Cisco dCloud.
To share a session with other users:
- In dCloud, schedule the session that you want to share.
- Open My Dashboard > My Sessions and find the Active or Scheduled session that you want to share.
Figure 1. My Dashboard > My Sessions with Active and Scheduled Sessions
- Click Share under the session that you want to share.
- In the Share Session window:
- Add dCloud users to enable their access to your session.
- To add Cisco.com users who have never logged in to dCloud, check the Search all cisco.com users check box, enter your Cisco.com password in the pop-up, and then add those users.
- Optionally, enter text in the Notes box that you want included in the email notification to added users.
Figure 2. Share Session Window
- Click Share in the Share Session window after you finish adding users.
- The Session Use pop-up opens if added users are external to Cisco or Partner organizations. Enter information about the added external users and click Share. The first 2 fields require entries.
Figure 3. Session Use Window
- My Dashboard > My Sessions opens and refreshes to show the name of the shared session with a Shared with link that opens the list of added users.
Figure 4. Owner View of Shared Session in My Dashboard > My Sessions
- Added users receive email notification that you shared a session with them. The email includes a link to the dCloud data center where the session is shared, session details, and the note if you entered one.
Figure 5. Example – Email Notification for Shared Session
- When added users log in to the data center, they can see the session with a Scheduled or Active status in their My Dashboard > My Sessions list.
- When the shared session is Active, added users can click View to access and work with it. The title in the added user view includes the ID of the user who shared the session with them.
Figure 6. Added User View of Shared Active Session