You can schedule a session to start at a later date and time or to start immediately if resources are available. A session can remain active up to 5 total consecutive days. If you set an initial session schedule shorter than 5 days, you can extend the session up to the 5-day total. If you want a session active longer than 5 days, you must submit a session extension request.
If you want to use a router that you provide with the session, you must configure your router for dCloud use before scheduling the session. Review the content guide for router use and requirements.
To schedule or start a session:
- Browse to dcloud.cisco.com, select the location closest to you, and then log in with your Cisco.com credentials.
- Locate the Cisco dCloud content that you want to run in one of these lists:
– Drop-down menus under Home > Cisco dCloud Content
– My Dashboard > My Custom Content
- Click Start/Schedule.
Figure 1. dCloud Content with Start/Schedule Link
- The Schedule Session window opens a calendar of the current week with a green box over the next available 4-hour time slot when there is capacity to run your session.
Figure 2. Schedule Session Window
Users with sufficient permission can see and click submit a request to request 6 or more concurrent sessions for use during an event. For details about multiple concurrent sessions, refer to Hosting dCloud Events with Multiple Sessions and Schedule Multiple Concurrent Sessions.
- Keep the selected time slot or change it with one of these options:
– Drag the green box to another available time on the current or a future date in the week view, or to another available time on the current date in the day view.
– Move the bottom of the green box to change the session end time.
– Under Session Start, click the Date field to enter a date and the Time field to enter a start time, or use the popup calendar to select a start date and then select a start time. Under Session End, you can keep or change the default end date and time.
– Under Session Start, a Now button is displayed if capacity is available to run the session immediately. Click Now to start the session as soon as you complete the schedule setup.
- Click Next.
- In the dCloud Use window, enter all information that applies to your session use. You are required to complete the Primary Use and Revenue Impact fields.
Figure 3. dCloud Use Window
- Click Next.
- An Endpoint Router window appears if a router may be used with your session and your registered routers are not scheduled or in use with another session. Follow the instructions to add one or more routers to the session.
Figure 4. Endpoint Router Window
- Click Schedule.
- A popup window appears when your session is scheduled. Click OK to close it and open the My Dashboard page.
Figure 5. Confirmation Popup for Scheduled Session
You will also receive a confirmation email with detailed information about the scheduled session.
Figure 6. Example Confirmation Email for a Scheduled Session
- Under My Dashboard > My Sessions, the status of the session will display as Scheduled or Starting.
Figure 7. Starting Session in My Dashboard > My Sessions
- Your session will start provisioning at the scheduled date and time.
You can access the session only after the session status is Active. It may take up to 30 minutes for a session to become active after it starts.
- Click View to view and work with the active session after the status of the session changes to Active.
Figure 8. Active Session in My Dashboard > My Sessions
The number in parentheses after the Session ID is intended for Cisco dCloud Support use only, to identify the resources used to host the session.