Saving an active session saves the session as a new content version, with all changes and customizations that you made during the session, and then stops the session. You can use the saved version to start a new active session that includes all saved modifications. Always delete saved sessions when you no longer need them to release shared resources to the dCloud data center.
If you customize dCloud content, you can save up to 5 versions of active sessions as backups to which you can revert if later modifications cause problems. If you encounter a problem you cannot solve while working with an active session, save the session so that you can share it with others who can troubleshoot it.
To save an active session:
- In dCloud, open My Dashboard > My Sessions.
- Find the active session that you want to save and click Save and End.
Figure 1. Save and End Link for Active Session in My Dashboard > My Sessions
- Enter and modify values in the Save and End window to identify this saved version:
- Save As: Enter a name for the saved version.
- Description: Enter a brief description that explains what is unique about this version.
- Click the arrows to move architectures and categories that apply to your saved version to the box on the right. By default, the saved version includes the same tags as the original dCloud content.
- Select Keep Documentation to link the documentation for the active session to your saved version. If you select this option, future updates to documents in the original content will also be updated in your saved version.
Figure 2. Save and End Window
- Click Save and End.
- The window refreshes and opens My Dashboard > My Sessions, the session Status changes to Save Pending and then to Saving, and then the session stops and disappears from the My Sessions list.
- Open My Dashboard > My Custom Content to find the saved version.