You must submit a Cisco dCloud Support request if you want a session to remain active longer than 5 consecutive days. Extending a session is ideal for a proof of concept/ proof of value, long term customer sharing, and other scenarios where a demonstration may need to be active for up to 30 days at a time.
Only Cisco and Partner users can request long session extensions. For details about session extension policies and limits and restrictions for long-running sessions, refer to Scheduling Extended Sessions.
To submit a request to dCloud Support to extend a session longer than 5 consecutive days:
- Schedule the session.
- Click Support at the top right of the dCloud page.
Figure 1. Support Link for Cisco dCloud
- Select and enter information about your extension request in the dCloud Support & Feedback form.
Figure 2. dCloud Support & Feedback Form
- Under Email, select Support Request.
- Urgency: Select the option that best describes your situation.
- Data Center: Select the dCloud data center where your session is running.
- Delivery Location: Select the location that best describes the session use.
- Content Name: Enter the session name as it appears in My Dashboard > My Sessions.
- Session Id: Enter the session ID as it appears in My Dashboard > My Sessions.
- Describe the problem text box: State that you are requesting a session extension and enter the:
- Total number of consecutive days you want the session to be active
- End date and time that you want set for the session extension
- Business reason for the request
- Potential revenue impact of the request
- Intended audience/users
- If requesting an extension for a POC/POV, provide the customer name.
- Click Send to submit the request to Cisco dCloud Support.