This page is no longer actively maintained by dCloud. We continue to make it available because the information is still valuable, but some steps may vary due to product changes. Refer to our Apple Devices help page for current content.
When using an Apple device for a Cisco dCloud session, the Apple device must be connected to the Cisco dCloud environment. There are two options for connecting the Apple device to the Cisco dCloud environment:
- Connect to the wireless network of an endpoint router
- Connect to another available wireless network and then configure Cisco AnyConnect
Only one of these connection methods is required. Both are described below.
Connect to Wireless Network on Endpoint Router
Follow the steps below to connect your Apple device to an endpoint router instead of using Cisco AnyConnect.
- On your Apple device, go to Settings > Wi-Fi.
- From the list of Networks, select the data network associated with your endpoint router. For example, cisco-dcloud-data-kit-XX (where XX represents the identifier assigned when you registered your router).
- When prompted, type the password adgjmptw and tap Connect.
- Your Apple device will receive an IP address and will be active on the network.
Connect to the dCloud Session Using Cisco AnyConnect
If you do not have an endpoint router, or do not want to connect to the wireless network of the endpoint router, follow the steps below to configure Cisco AnyConnect on your Apple device.
You must be logged into the Cisco dCloud UI and your session must have an Active status to perform this activity.
- Connect your Apple device to a local wireless connection. Do not connect to the SSID of the endpoint router.
- From a browser on your Apple device or laptop go to the Cisco dCloud website dcloud.cisco.com and login with your Cisco.com credentials.
- Go to My Dashboard > My Sessions and then click the View link.
- Click the Session Details menu to view the AnyConnect Credentials for your session.
- Tap AnyConnect app.
- A confirmation window opens the first time you start AnyConnect. Tap OK.
- Tap Add VPN Connection.
Figure 2. Choose Connection
- Use information in the table below to configure your VPN connection.
|Server Address||Enter the Host URL listed under the AnyConnect Credentials in the Session Details of your active session.
Figure 3. Add VPN Connection
- Tap Advanced and use information in the table below to update.
(If set to Automatic, tap Automatic and choose Disabled on the Certificate screen.)
|Connect with IPSec||OFF|
Figure 4. Advanced VPN Connection Settings
- Tap the back arrow to return to the Add VPN Connection screen.
- Tap Save.
- Slide ON next to AnyConnect VPN.
Figure 5. AnyConnect VPN OFF
- If you receive a Cannot Verify Server Identity message, tap Continue.
- On the Authentication screen, enter one of the provided usernames and the password from the AnyConnect Credentials in the Session Details from your active session.
- Tap Connect then Accept. Your device will be connected.
Edit Existing Connection Entry
- Open the AnyConnect home window.
- Tap the icon to the right of the VPN connection entry.
- Change the Server Address.
- Tap Save.