In order to demonstrate Cisco Cloud Web Security content on the ASA Connector from a mobile client (tablet or smartphone), the client must be connected to the ASA via AnyConnect.
Using AnyConnect on iPad or Smartphone
The steps and images below illustrate how to connect using an iPad. Steps for other devices will vary slightly but follow the same general flow. The same log in credentials are required regardless of device.
Use the following steps to download and log in to AnyConnect using an iPad:
- Download the Cisco AnyConnect app for the tablet (or smartphone).
- Launch the AnyConnect app from your home screen.
- Tap Connections.
- Tap Add VPN Connection.
Figure 1. Add VPN Connection
- Enter a Description.
Figure 2. Add VPN Connection
- In the Server Address field, enter the public address of the ASA shown in the session details for your active session.
Figure 3. Public Address from Session Details
- Tap Save.
- Tap the new VPN connection so that it is selected with a checkmark.
- Tap Settings.
- Change Block Untrusted Servers to OFF.
Figure 4. Block Untrusted Servers: OFF
- Toggle the AnyConnect VPN to ON.
Figure 5. AnyConnect VPN Toggle
- If prompted to trust an Untrusted VPN Server, tap Continue.
Figure 6. Trust VPN Server
- Enter the username. This is the ID used to log in to Cisco dCloud.
- Enter the password. This is the Session ID shown in the session details of the active demo.
Figure 7. Username and Password Credentials from Session Details
- Tap Connect at the authentication prompt.
- The iPad connects to the ASA. The Status Overview displays the new Client Address.
Figure 8. Status Overview
- Go to Settings > Safari > Search Engine.
Figure 9. Search Engine Settings
- Select Bing from the list of available search engines.
Figure 10. Search Engine Selection
- Confirm the iPad connection by navigating to http://whoami.scansafe.net. The results confirm that the ASA connector is in use.
Figure 11. Whoami Results