After you register and configure a router for Cisco dCloud, you can share the router with others from the My Endpoint Routers page in dCloud.
- Can I use a router other than those listed in the Endpoint Router wizard?
Yes. You can register a non-supported router using the Cisco dCloud Router Wizard by picking a supported router model and entering the serial number (SN) of your router. The downloaded configuration has to be manually edited to make the router work on Cisco dCloud. The Cisco dCloud team does not provide support for configuring or troubleshooting non-supported routers.
- Can I use the same IOS images on the endpoint routers?
No. Please review Supported Routers and Endpoints for more details.
- How can I apply the Cisco dCloud auto-generated router configuration to my router?
There are three recommended methods to configure your router using the auto-generated router configuration file: Internet, TFTP, and Console. Review our Configure Router for Cisco dCloud help page for details.
- How do I initiate the IPSec VPN on the endpoint router?
After you register and configure a router for Cisco dCloud, you do not need to perform additional actions to start the IPSec VPN tunnel. The IPSec VPN connection is automatically initiated when you do either of the following:
- Connect a Cisco IP phone or VXC device to the router’s switch ports.
- Connect your laptop to the router (wired or wireless connection) and initiate traffic to the session’s virtual machines.
The VPN connection starts when the session has an Active status and ends when the session ends.
Endpoint routers must support Cisco® Easy VPN to automatically initiate the IPSec VPN tunnel. At this time, routers running Cisco IOS XE do not support Easy VPN and cannot be used to connect endpoints to Cisco dCloud.
- Is a router required for Cisco dCloud?
It depends on the content you use. A router is required for content that uses IP Phones or a device that does not support a Cisco AnyConnect VPN connection. For best user experience, a router is recommended for content that uses multiple endpoints and voice and video. You can also use a combination of a router and devices with Cisco AnyConnect. A router is not required to use the dCloud Remote Desktop client.
Content documentation states if the use of a router is required or optional. Refer to Getting Started for how to use Cisco dCloud with a router.
- What are the passwords for the Wireless SSIDs on the endpoint router?
If the AP is configured to operate in autonomous mode, the password for the two wireless SSIDs is adgjmptw.
If the AP is configured for lightweight AP protocol mode, please refer to the content documentation.
For additional information on Wi-Fi Connectivity on Cisco dCloud, please review Wi-Fi Connectivity.
- What routers are supported by Cisco dCloud?
Refer to the Supported Routers and Endpoints help page.
- Where can I find the serial number for my router?
In most cases, there should be a physical label stuck to the router that contains the serial number of your router.
If this is not available, refer to the Identify Serial Port help page.
- Which ports should I use on the endpoint routers?
The ports you use on your router depends on the router model that you have. Please review Supported Routers and Endpoints for details.