With the growth of cloud-delivered collaboration services, more and more customers are looking to move their existing collaboration workloads to the cloud given the promises of reduced total cost of ownership, simplified management, continuous feature delivery, increased scale, and superior reliability inherent in cloud-based services. As customers look to make the transition from on-premises to cloud collaboration services, it’s important for them to understand what the transition entails and the steps required to make the transition.
Customers who wish to start leveraging Cisco cloud calling services should consider Cisco Webex. The cloud calling service allows the customer to leverage the Cisco Webex global architecture for scale and connectivity. Participants on the corporate network and remote participants outside the corporate network can communicate using IP-based hardware endpoints or desktop or mobile soft client applications.
Customers who have an on-premises call control with Unified CM, and desk and video IP endpoints have a choice of transitioning the architecture toward a Cisco Webex Calling cloud architecture.
This lab provides hands-on experience in transitioning a Unified CM environment to Cisco Webex Calling.
What’s New in v2
- Trunks and Route groups
- Different PSTN connection options to choose from (Cisco PSTN, Cloud-Connected PSTN, and Premises-Based PSTN)
- Consolidation of Webex Calling facing dial-peer to implement LGW’s concurrent call limits
- New trust list on LGW’s to add IP subnet for SSE/MSE
Phase 0: Getting On-prem ready for migration
Configuring Okta for SSO – On-Prem CUCM and IMP Servers
Extending (SSO) Authentication Over the Edge
Touchless Headset Extension Mobility Login
Device Onboarding via Activation Codes (On-prem and over MRA)
Validate PSTN Dialing
Phase 1: Hybrid
Configuring Directory Connector for Identity Synchronization
Enable Hybrid Directory Connector
Configuring OKTA for SSO – Webex Cloud
Configuring Calling in Webex (Unified CM)
Configuring Webex Hybrid Messaging Service
Configuring Hybrid Calling for Cisco Webex Devices (Device Connector)
Phase 2: Cloud
Enabling Local Gateway for PSTN Calling
Moving Users from On-prem to Webex Cloud (shutting down on-prem servers and testing calls)
- Learn more and schedule a lab: https://dcloud-cms.cisco.com/demo/transitioning-from-unified-cm-to-webex-calling-lab
- Check out the Cisco dCloud Community: https://community.cisco.com/t5/collaboration/bd-p/dcloud-collab
- Visit the Cisco dCloud Help page: https://dcloud-cms.cisco.com/help
- Access all available Cisco dCloud content: https://dcloud.cisco.com
- Contact us: https://dcloud-cms.cisco.com/help/dcloud-collaboration-contacts