The Internet of Things (IoT) is impacting every business and fundamentally changing how we look at the devices that connect to a company. These things vastly expand the attack surface of a company. Manufacturing is one of the most targeted sectors; 32% of cyber-attacks occurred in manufacturing.
IoT devices and control systems are vulnerable. Hackers target manufacturing IoT devices because they have little or no security capabilities. Few use encryption and many are unmanaged from a patching and vulnerability updates perspective. Security was simply not a part of their design. They can participate in sophisticated attacks such as DDoS or network invasion. They can be converted to zombies and used as agents of persistence. They can be used for ransom by shutting down or halting business entirely. Worst of all, they can be used to cause physical harm.
Despite these issues, the Internet of Things helps manufacturers gain efficiencies, harness intelligence from a wide range of equipment, improve operations, and increase customer satisfaction. That is why connectivity of these highly vulnerable environments almost doubled within three years. The increasing demand for connecting more and more devices complicates security because attack surfaces are greatly increased. OT and IT professionals want to protect their manufacturer networks and devices to ensure safety and continuity of business.
Cisco’s Securing Industrial Networks solution solves these manufacturer challenges through Visibility and Analytics, Secure Remote Access, Segmentation, and Services. In this demo we focus on the former two security capabilities.
The Segmentation scenario has been broken into two sections: 1) working with Cisco TrustSec and 2) working with Cisco Firepower Threat Defense.
- Segmentation with Cisco TrustSec
- Segmentation with Cisco Firepower Threat Defense
- Remote Access Into the Plant
- Cisco Cyber Vision + SIEM Integration and Trustsec remediation
- FTD remediation
Get Started & Resources
- View the content overview and get started now: Securing Industrial Networks with Cisco Cyber Vision Demo v2
- Visit the Cisco dCloud help page: https://dcloud-cms.cisco.com/help
- Access all available Cisco dCloud content: https://dcloud.cisco.com
- Contact Us: https://dcloud-cms.cisco.com/help/dcloud-internet-of-everything-contacts
- Talk about it in the dCloud Community