Ethernet VPN (EVPN) is a next generation solution that provide Ethernet multipoint services over MPLS networks. EVPN operates in contrast to the existing Virtual Private LAN Service (VPLS) by enabling control-plane based MAC learning in the core. In EVPN, PE’s participating in the EVPN instances learn customer MAC routes in the control plane using the MP-BGP protocol. Control plane MAC learning brings a number of benefits that allow EVPN to address the VPLS shortcomings, including support for multi-homing with per-flow load balancing.
The EVPN Single–Active Multi-Homing feature supports single–active redundancy mode. In single–active mode, the PE nodes locally connected to an Ethernet Segment load balance traffic to and from the Ethernet Segment based on EVPN service instance (EVI).
This lab provides the participant with experience in EVPN Single-Active use case implementation and troubleshooting methods in a Service Provider network based on Cisco IOS-XR platforms.
- Scenario 1. Configure and Verify EVPN on Device PE1
- Scenario 2. Troubleshoot EVPN on PE2
- View the content overview: https://dcloud-cms.cisco.com/demo/cisco-xrv-ethernet-vpn-implementation-and-troubleshooting
- Visit the Cisco dCloud help page: https://dcloud-cms.cisco.com/help
- Access all available Cisco dCloud content: https://dcloud.cisco.com
- Contact Us: https://dcloud-cms.cisco.com/help/dcloud-service-provider-contacts