The WAN Automation Engine (WAE) is a capacity planning and traffic engineering tool for service provider and large enterprise networks.
WAE Live provides immediate and easy access to both current and historical network data. Combined, the Explore, Analytics, and Map tools offer a flexible and interactive means of finding summarized aggregate views or quickly narrowing the search on network data to only relevant details.
There are three main components of WAE:
- The WAE server collects and builds an abstracted model of the IP/MPLS network. The server will produce discrete models that contain the topology, traffic and state from the period in which the data was collected from the network. These models are used by the WAE applications WAE Design and WAE Live. The WAE network model includes the multivendor devices that participate in the IGP (OSPF or IS-IS).
- WAE Live is a web-based application that will examine the models produced by the server by putting the data in a time-series datastore. It features a topology weather map, table view of the data and a reporting engine used to evaluate the time-series information.
- WAE Design is a planning tool that runs on your desktop. In WAE Design you can retrieve a network model from the server and view the topology. You can quickly filter and drill down, simulate “what if” scenarios and run tools to evaluate potential risks, find optimal paths/IGP metrics or suggest changes in capacity.
This demo highlights the following WAE features:
- Explore: Lets you view interfaces, interface queues, nodes, LSPs, demands, and reports.
- Inventory: Lets you view your current network hardware in various formats.
- Analytics: Lets you generate reports and analyze data.
- Map: Includes a near-real-time weather map and health panels from which you can navigate to relevant network data.
This demo will showcase the WAE Live and WAE Design applications.
- Scenario 1. Access and Explore WAE Live Web Interface
- View the content overview: https://dcloud-cms.cisco.com/demo/cisco-wan-automation-engine-live
- Visit the Cisco dCloud help page: https://dcloud-cms.cisco.com/help
- Access all available Cisco dCloud content: https://dcloud.cisco.com
- Contact Us: https://dcloud-cms.cisco.com/help/dcloud-service-provider-contacts