The Ultra Cloud Core Subscriber Microservices Infrastructure (SMI) provides a run time environment for deploying and managing Cisco’s 5G cloud native network functions (CNFs).
The Cloud Native Deployment Platform (CNDP) can deploy and manage SMI on the following platforms.
- VMware: The CNDP Cluster Manager deploys the base images using the vSphere APIs.
- Bare Metal: The CNDP Cluster Manager configures UCS-C based hosts using Cisco Integrated Management Controller (CIMC) APIs.
This lab is deployed on VMware. AMF and SMF are running as a CNF and UPF is a VNF. The rest of the 5G NFs like AUSF, UDM, PCF, CHF and UE/gNB are simulated in lattice.
- Scenario 1. Verify CNDP Cluster Manager
- Scenario 2. Verify Kubernetes Cluster
- Scenario 3. CEE – Common Execution Environment
- Scenario 4. AMF – Access and Mobility Management Function
- Scenario 5. SMF – Session Management Function
- Scenario 6. UPF – User Plane Function
- Scenario 7. 5G Call Simulation
- View the content overview: https://dcloud-cms.cisco.com/demo/cisco-ultra-cloud-core-cndp-smi-5g
- Visit the Cisco dCloud help page: https://dcloud-cms.cisco.com/help
- Access all available Cisco dCloud content: https://dcloud.cisco.com
- Contact Us: https://dcloud-cms.cisco.com/help/dcloud-service-provider-contacts