As more and more Service Providers and Enterprises operate a single network infrastructure to support an ever-increasing number of services, the ability to custom fit transport to application requirements is critically important. This includes creating network slices with different characteristics which can coexist on top of the shared network infrastructure. The SR-TE leveraging the automation properties of the SR TE solution such as on-demand policy generation and automated steering is readily applicable to policies based on IGP Flex Algo, which will simplify the network operation. This hands on lab demonstrates the capabilities of SR that enables optimization of a single physical network infrastructure to provision multiple network slices based on requirements such as low latency, disjoint path, and distinct planes. This lab will also cover design for SR IGP Flex Algo, integration with on-demand policy, and automated steering.
In this lab, all nodes have base configurations. Students will be configuring the rest of the network based on a given scenario and verifying service traffic flow via CE routers.
In executing the lab scenarios, the aim is to understand the concepts of Segment Routing (SR), Inter-Domain LSP using BGP-LU/BGP Prefix SID, On-Demand Next Hop and XR Transport Controller (XTC), Traffic Steering using metric type as IGP and Latency, and Network Slicing using Flex-Algo.
- Scenario 1. Bring Up the Underlay and Verification
- Scenario 2. Verify PCEP, BGP-LS, VPNv4, and VPNv6 Control Plane
- Scenario 3. Inter-domain SRTE for High BW Traffic
- Scenario 4. Inter-domain SRTE for Low Latency Traffic
- Scenario 5. Inter-domain SRTE for High BW and Low Latency Traffic using ODN
- Scenario 6. Intra-domain Network Slicing using Flex-Algo
- View the content overview: https://dcloud-cms.cisco.com/demo/cisco-intent-based-traffic-steering-using-sr-pce-v1
- Visit the Cisco dCloud help page: https://dcloud-cms.cisco.com/help
- Access all available Cisco dCloud content: https://dcloud.cisco.com
- Contact Us: https://dcloud-cms.cisco.com/help/dcloud-service-provider-contacts