The Data Center Practice is pleased to announce that Cisco HyperFlex Edge 4.0 with Intersight v1 (All Flash, 2-Node) is available on dCloud to ALL users in the RTP dCloud location.
Cisco HyperFlex Edge brings the robust feature set and simplicity of Cisco HyperFlex systems to your edge environments with a flexible, scalable, low-cost, centrally managed solution that can be deployed and maintained with massive scale. Cisco Hyperflex Edge with the Cisco Intersight cloud-based remote monitoring and management solution, provides an all-purpose virtualized server platform, with hypervisor hosts and virtual server storage across a set of Cisco UCS HX-Series x86 rack-mount servers. Cisco HyperFlex systems deliver many enterprise-class features, such as:
- A fully distributed log-structured file system.
- High performance and low latency from the flash-friendly architecture.
- In-line data optimization with deduplication and compression.
- The flexibility to scale out computing and storage resources separately.
- Data-at-rest encryption using hardware-based self-encrypting disks (SEDs).
- Non-Volatile Memory Express (NVMe)–based solid-state disk (SSD) support.
- Native replication of virtual machine snapshots.
Cisco HyperFlex Edge is a version of the Cisco HyperFlex system that is optimized for remote sites, branch offices, and edge environments. A smaller form factor of the Cisco® hyperconverged solution, Cisco HyperFlex Edge offers the full power of a next generation hyperconverged platform without the need to connect to Cisco UCS fabric interconnects. Cisco HyperFlex Edge supports a configuration of two, three or four node clusters for ease of meeting a wide range of edge-location computing, GPU acceleration, and storage requirements. The solution can be configured, deployed, managed, and monitored with existing separate tools for Cisco UCS, Cisco HyperFlex systems, and VMware solutions. You can manage a Cisco HyperFlex Edge cluster through Cisco Intersight, VMware vCenter or through the HTML5-based native Cisco HyperFlex Connect management tool. With the Cisco Intersight platform, you can deploy and manage your solution from the cloud, bringing the low cost, deployment ease, and remote-management features of Cisco HyperFlex systems to your edge environments without the need for experienced IT staff at the deployment site.
This Cisco HyperFlex Edge with Intersight demonstration utilizes physical HyperFlex HXAF220c M5 servers with All Flash configurations. The All Flash server configuration contains up to 8 data capacity SSDs (solid state drives). The caching, system and boot drives are also all SSDs.
- Cisco HyperFlex HX Data Platform 4.0
- 2 x Cisco HyperFlex HXAF220c M5 Server Nodes (All Flash Drive Configuration, Physical Server Hardware)
- Cisco Intersight
- VMware vCenter 6.5 Appliance
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 Active Directory
- Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Jump Server
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 Workstation
- Scenario 1. Overview of Intersight
- Scenario 2. Deploy a HyperFlex Edge Cluster using the GUI
- Scenario 3. Deploy a HyperFlex Edge Cluster using the Intersight API
- Scenario 4. Deploy a HyperFlex Edge Cluster using the GUI with Pre-Configured Policies
- Scenario 5. Reviewing the Deployment
- Scenario 6. Managing the Cluster with HyperFlex Connect
Visit the Cisco dCloud Help page for more information and training materials
To view all available Cisco dCloud demos, visit dcloud.cisco.com
Talk about it on the dCloud Community Cisco HyperFlex Edge 4.0 with Intersight v1 (All Flash, 2-Node)