Containers are a standard unit of software that packages up code and all its dependencies, so the application runs quickly and reliably from one computing environment to another. This Cisco DevNet lab environment introduces the world of containers and provides users with the full range of Cisco container management solutions and a lot more.
- The Cisco Container Platform is a fully curated, lightweight container management platform for production grade environments, powered by Kubernetes, and delivered with Cisco enterprise-class support. It reduces the complexity of configuring, deploying, securing, scaling and managing containers via automation coupled with Cisco’s best practices for security and networking. Cisco Container Platform is built with an open architecture using open source components, so you’re not locked into any single vendor. It works across both on-premises and public cloud environments. And because it’s optimized with Cisco HyperFlex, this preconfigured, integrated solution sets up in minutes.
- The Cisco Container Platform includes support for Istio service meshes. An Istio service mesh is logically split into a data plane and a control plane. The data plane is composed of a set of intelligent proxies (Envoy) and the control plane provides a reliable Istio framework.
- Fog Director delivers the capability to manage large-scale production deployments of IOx-enabled fog applications. You can choose to use the product functionality through a visual web environment or integrate with existing management systems through APIs.
This lab is primarily used in conjunction with the Cisco DevNet Containers learning track located at https://developer.cisco.com/learning/tracks/containers.
- Scenario 1. Schedule a Session
- View the content overview: https://dcloud-cms.cisco.com/demo/build-tsdn-auto_work-w-cisco-xwork_oe-api-v1
- Visit the Cisco dCloud help page: https://dcloud-cms.cisco.com/help
- Access all available Cisco dCloud content: https://dcloud.cisco.com
- Contact Us: https://dcloud-cms.cisco.com/help/dcloud-service-provider-contacts