Cisco Crosswork Network Automation is a microservices-based platform that brings together streaming telemetry, big data, and application programming interfaces (APIs) to redefine service provider network operations.
Cisco Crosswork Network Automation enables multiple use cases, including those targeted by Cisco Crosswork Change Automation and Health Insights applications:
- Continuous real-time monitoring of key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Routinizing scheduled network maintenance and network reconfiguration tasks
- Linking optimization and remediation playbooks to KPIs to streamline response to network events
Beginning with release 3.2.2, the data collection functionality has been separated out into its own VM and into its own software package called Cisco Crosswork Data Gateway. Cisco Crosswork Data Gateway gathers all the information from the monitored devices and forwards it to Crosswork for analysis and processing. Crosswork can also be used to send collected data to external customer-managed messaging buses such as Kafka or gRPC servers.
Cisco Crosswork Data Gateway offloads voluminous data collection closer to the devices while allowing target applications to scale independently. It enables service providers to quickly program and deploy collectors and offers central visibility into services collecting data and the type of data being collected.
Cisco Crosswork Network Automation is built to operate either as a standalone application, or as an application that utilizes Cisco Network Service Orchestrator (NSO) as a provider to deploy configuration changes.
This demo will show how the Crosswork Network Automation API can be used to create collection jobs for external applications. Students will learn what API payloads look like and practice creating collection jobs to instruct the Data Gateway to collect data from the network.
- Scenario 1. Verify Setup
- Scenario 2. Collection Job Crosswork API Payload
- Scenario 3. Create SNMP and MDT Collection Jobs
- Scenario 4. Data Gateway Message Inspection
- View the content overview: https://dcloud-cms.cisco.com/demo/cisco-crosswork-3-2-2-and-data-gateway-1-1-3
- Visit the Cisco dCloud help page: https://dcloud-cms.cisco.com/help
- Access all available Cisco dCloud content: https://dcloud.cisco.com
- Contact Us: https://dcloud-cms.cisco.com/help/dcloud-service-provider-contacts