What You’ll Find in This Demo
The guide for this preconfigured demo includes two independent Cisco Calling and Meeting Integration demos: Microsoft Teams and Slack.
The Microsoft Teams integration section has a new scenario: Cloud Video Interop (CVI) and WebRTC.
Users demand interoperability with calendaring, ECM, workflow, telephony, meetings, video, devices, and more. Cisco meets this demand with client-based integration with Microsoft Teams.
The simple-to-deploy client/plug-in integration with Microsoft Teams works with your choice of Cisco clients — Cisco Jabber, Webex Calling, and Webex Meetings.
- Click to call with your existing phones from Microsoft Teams
- No compromise on calling features
- No dial plan and routing reconfiguration
- Simple-to-implement Webex Meetings Bot
- Get your default website for Meetings
- Set your default Meetings website
And all this is at no additional license costs because of the following:
- Covered by your existing Cisco licenses/subscription
- No (E5) Microsoft Cloud PBX Phone system license is required
Cloud Video Interop (CVI) and WebRTC
- SIP-capable video endpoints can join Microsoft Teams meetings via CVI for a rich, seamless meeting experience, without requiring third-party interop using OBTP join with Calendar Service, direct dial in, or IVR join experience.
- WebRTC supports the OBTP join with Calendar Service for B2B meetings from a Cisco video endpoint that has Media Engine running. These devices support WebRTC: Cisco Webex Board, Room Devices, and DeskPro.
Cisco Jabber, Webex Call, and Webex Meetings integrated with Slack lets you collaborate seamlessly – whoever, whenever, however.
Cisco Jabber and Cisco Webex are simple-to-deploy plug-ins that can be cross-launched from within Slack when you want to call someone internally or externally.
With Cisco Jabber and Cisco Webex plugins, Slack users can:
- Call someone internal with their extension or SIP URI
- Call someone over PSTN
The simple-to-deploy client/plug-in Webex Meetings integration with Slack lets Slack users to schedule, start, or join Cisco Webex Personal Room meetings, and Cisco Webex scheduled meetings directly from Slack.
With Cisco Webex Meetings plug-in, Slack users can:
- Start and join meetings directly in their channel
- Schedule a meeting and the meeting info card will be added to the conversation.
- Automatically get status alerts and, if your meeting has already started, see who has joined
- Preview your upcoming meetings and join from the list
- Edit a scheduled Webex meeting
- Play recordings, which are posted in the channel when ready
- See if other users are currently in a Webex meeting
The Microsoft Teams integration section has three independent scenarios:
- Scenario 1: Cisco Jabber and Webex Meetings Integration with Microsoft Teams
- Scenario 2: Cisco Calling and Webex Meetings Integration with Microsoft Teams
- Scenario 3: Cloud Video Interop (CVI) and WebRTC
The Slack integration section has two independent scenarios:
- Scenario 1: Cisco Jabber and Webex Meetings Integration with Slack
- Scenario 2: Cisco Webex Calling and Webex Meetings Integration with Slack
Get Started & Resources
- Schedule this demo and get the lab guide: Cisco Calling and Meeting Integration with Microsoft Teams and Slack v1
- Visit the Cisco dCloud help page: https://dcloud-cms.cisco.com/help
- Access all available Cisco dCloud content: https://dcloud.cisco.com
- Contact Us: https://dcloud-cms.cisco.com/help/dcloud-collaboration-contacts
- Talk about it on the dCloud Community