The Cisco 4000 Series ISRs are modular routers with LAN and WAN connections that can be configured by means of interface modules, including Cisco Enhanced Service Modules (SM-Xs) and Network Interface Modules (NIMs).
Benefits of the 4000 Series routers include:
- Virtualization ready: Host virtualized network functions and applications any time and any place. Flexible deployment options mean freedom of choice.
- Network automation: Configure and monitor your network and enforce business policies through Cisco DNA Center and Cisco SD-WAN. Simplify network management and turn hours of work into seconds.
- Network services: Key integrated network services include WAN and application optimization, intelligent caching with Akamai Connect, unified communications, and software-defined WAN.
- Branch threat defense: Protect your branch site across the LAN and WAN and in the cloud with security integrated into the router. You no longer need a separate security appliance.
- New Cipher Suites for IP SSH Client and Server Algorithm
- Configure IP Multicast over Unidirectional Links for PIM
- Web User Interface – Intermediate System to Intermediate System (ISIS) Configuration
- Web User Interface – Trustsec configuration
- Web User Interface – Hot Standby Router Protocol (HSRP) Configuration
- Access Cisco 4000 Series Integrated Services Routers Sandbox v3 on Cisco dCloud now!
- Visit the Cisco dCloud Help page for more information and training materials
- To view all available Cisco dCloud demos, visit dcloud.cisco.com
- Talk about it on the dCloud Community