Cisco UCS® is an Integrated Compute Infrastructure that has supported an XML API since its introduction. UCS Manager is the service that provides the XML API endpoint along with a graphical interface and a command line. The UCS components both physical and logical are represented as XML objects in a hierarchical Object Model format and can be manipulated via the XML API.
UCS PowerTool is a library of PowerShell Cmdlets that enable the management of UCS environments from Microsoft Operating Systems, via the UCS XML API.
UCS Python SDK is a set of Python modules, each containing one or more classes, developed specifically to automate UCS Manager.
UCS Python SDK is a community supported project, the code, documentation and samples repositories are on github.com.
This lab includes the following scenarios:
- Scenario 1: Launch UCS Manager PowerTool
- Scenario 2: View Cmdlets in UCS PowerTool Library
- Scenario 3: Query for UCS Objects
- Scenario 4: Format the Output of PowerTool Queries
- Scenario 5: Non-Interactive Login to UCS Manager
- Scenario 6: Use Convert-to-UcsCmdlet with HTML5
- Scenario 7: Introduction to UCS Python SDK
- Scenario 8: Use Code Examples to Create Components
- Scenario 9: Use Python Scripts to Perform Queries
- Cisco UCS Central 1.5(1b)
- 2 x Cisco UCS Platform Emulator 3.1.2e featuring UCS 6332 FI, S3260 Storage Server, C240 Rack Server, 5108 Chassis and B-Series Blade Servers
- 1 x Cisco UCS Platform Emulator 3.1.2e featuring UCS 6248UP FI, 5108 Chassis and B-Series Blade Servers
- 1 x Cisco UCS Platform Emulator 3.1.2e featuring UCS Mini 6324 FI, 5108 Chassis and B-Series Blade Servers
- Cisco UCS PowerTool Suite 220.127.116.11 featuring Cisco UCS Manager PowerTool, Cisco UCS Central PowerTool, and Cisco IMC PowerTool
- Python 2.7.11
- Microsoft System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager (SCOM)
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 Active Directory
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012
- Microsoft Windows 8.1 Workstation
- CentOS 7 Linux Workstation
|UCS PowerTool Integration||
|UCS Python SDK Integration||